[NTLK] Battery Booster Pack

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 16:50:34 PDT

>I have such a battery pack but unfortunately someone has
cut-off the
>>original Apple connector and left only about 30cm cable
attached to it. I
>would be willing to sell if you're interested and able to
get a connector
>attached to it.
Should be a piece of cake if you have a dead ac adapter or
an ac adapter you
don't use. An even better idea might be the following:

1) Buy two female and one male connector of your choice. It
should be
connectors that are polarity-safe, meaning that you can't
match them the
wrong way. The female connectors should be connectors that
can't be
accidently shorted. I used standard loudspeaker connectors.
2) Get your ac adapter and cut the cable with the plug
somewhere in
the middle.
3) Solder the male connector to the cable end with the plug
and the
female connectors to the ac adapter and the battery pack.

That way you can keep using the adapter and "borrow" the
plug for the
battery pack. And still remain (nearly) 100 percent original
Apple.

Frank

-- Newton Hardware and Software at http://www.pda-soft.de