Re: [NTLK] FS: Lucent Orinoco Silver Cards

From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Sep 21 2002 - 21:15:28 PDT

Colin,

the MP130 can not do Ethernet, so I suppose, there is also no way for it =
to do=20
the Orinoco cards. You'd need a 2x00 Newton to do that.

And no, the Silver Cards don't do 128 Bit WEP, they do 40 bit WEP, you ne=
ed a=20
Gold Card to do 128 Bit. However, there was an article mentioned in this=20
group a few weeks ago, which describes how to use the Airport Update (App=
le=20
Stuff) in a PowerBook to make the Silver Card to think it's a Gold Card. =
The=20
firmware update apparently does something funky to the Silver Card.

Best regards,
Chris