Re: [NTLK] Ethermac Card

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 22 2002 - 10:18:01 PDT

on 22/09/02 12:32, Jesse Rosen at jester_at_macconnect.com wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I just got a MP2100 (after many years of wanting one I can finally
> afford one...), and I'm trying to get an ethernet card working. I saw
> that the 595tp and 595c are supposed to work. I bought what I thought
> was a 595tp, but turns out to be a 595a. Is this card compatible? I
> found a farallon driver (from some japanese site so I couldn't read
> anything about it...) but so far when I put in the card I get a message
> that says "There is a problem with this card. (Newton cannot recognize
> this type of card.)"
>
> Am I out of luck? Or is there a driver that works with this card?

If the card isn't listed on <http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/> and if
you have installed the recommended drivers and still get the error, then I'm
afraid it's not supported.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.