Re: [NTLK] Arrow keys to move left and right

From: Scott Roy Atwood (atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 12:34:10 PDT

* John Charlton <johncharlton_at_mac.com> [020924 18:10]:

> Related to my coveting problem, here's a problem I frequently have -
> positioning the cursor precisely to fix a word. You're off the mark by a
> letter and want to move the cursor, if you tap a character over you're
> almost guaranteed to bring up the caret menu. Arrgh, no arrow keys.

On my uMP2100, if I tap the baseline between two characters, the cursor
moves to that spot without any problems. Perhaps you are clicking too low
are are hitting the caret itself. You may also want to consider other
correction options. If you have a one letter mistake, you can simply
overwrite the incorrect letter with the correct one. If you double-tap
the incorrect word, you can bring up a letter-by-letter correction slip.

> Now when I got my original 130 it came with Vitamin A, which had handy
> arrow keys, but never got it re-registered, because that was about the
> only thing I used on it. Also a pain if you wanted to move two characters.
> I'd really like something in the Notes toolbar that just moved the cursor
> left and right, maybe with a delete too. (Would go well next to Note
> Scroller for up and down a notch.) One tap simplicity.

This may not be what you are looking for, but in many contexts, you can
bring up an onscreen keyboard, which has left and right arrow keys and a
delete key.

-Scott

--
Scott Atwood