Re: [NTLK] Access Point compatible with WaveLan Driver

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 13:59:24 PDT

Thanks Laurent, but (un)fortunatelly, I'm in Brazil!:(

Supposing that I win an Ebay auction for a base station for U$150, pay $30
USPS Airmail Priority and then 60% !!!! for customs taxes (which are applied
over the Airport price plus shipping costs!!!). Final cost would be
U$288.00.

This is not as bad. Apple Brazil sells the new Airport for R$ 1.750 which is
equal to US$ 500!! at today's US$/R$ rate.

I'm trying to get some suggestions for a simple access point that could
replace the base station (apple talk support / wavelan driver compatibility)
so that I can look for some reseller / representative in Brazil. But, if
there isn't anyone, I will go with your suggestion and try Ebay.

It's not easy to be a Newton afficcionado in Brazil.

--lpetroni