Re: [NTLK] is there a way to convert stationary?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 06:45:09 PDT

on 26/09/02 05:13, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> on 25-09-2002 10:55, Dan at dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if there is a way to convert one type of stationary to
>> another
>
> Yes there is, it's called NotePad Converter (I know, should have been
> Stationary Converter, but that's not my fault ;-) and it can be found on:
>
> http://www.standalone.com/MessagePad/NotePadC/content.html and costs $10

But, can Notepad Converter convert *ANY* kind of Notepad stationaries? I
have it on my Newton, along with MoreInfo, which introduces a new stationary
for the notepad called "Card Note". When I open Notepad Converter, however,
it doesn't give me this new "Card Note". So, it seems it can convert notes
that were done with the built-in stationaries. It's very unlikely that you
would uninstall one of those, and every Newton with NOS 2.0 supports those
stationaries.

To specifically answer the first poster, although I haven't wrote any
notepad stationary, I know a bit how they work and I can tell you that it
would be very hard to write a universal notepad converter, since any
stationary can add some specialized slots or info to the notepad soup, so
converting such stationary with custom info would be almost impossible...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)