Re: [NTLK] Keyboard woes

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 21:01:26 PDT

on 26/09/02 23:08, Paul Vaughan at paulsvaughan_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just got the keyboard I bought on ebay, and it seems
> to be a dud.
>
> It usually does nothing, but sometimes (very rarely!)
> one, or a combination of, the following seems to get
> some life out of it: turning the MP130 on and off;
> leaving it off for a while; and/or
> unplugging/re-plugging the keyboard.
>
> I actually managed to type my full name once before it
> stopped working, the most letters I've yet got out of
> it!
>
> So, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd be
> very grateful.

When playing around with your 130 to make it work again, is it possible that
you might be moving the keyboard cable a bit? If so, it looks like some
wires have been damaged, most likely near the plug that goes into your
Newton.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>
C Programmer's Disease n.: The tendency of the undisciplined C programmer to
set arbitrary but supposedly generous static limits on table sizes (defined,
if you're lucky, by constants in header files) rather than taking the
trouble to do proper dynamic storage allocation.