Re: [NTLK] formulas:net present

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 05:47:57 PDT

This advice works for any business calculator that has these functions
and was for general information on doing time and money calculations. I
have no idea if this type of functionality is built into the Newton
equations as I have never used them. A better model may be Excel, where
each function stands alone. However, the same rule applies, you need at
least three inputs to get the output.

>>> There are five numbers that can be
> entered or calculated:
>
>>> N = Number of payments
>>> %i = Interest rate per period
>>> PMT = The amount of the payment
>>> PV = Present value
>>> FV = Future value
>
>>> If you know any 3 of these, you can
>calculate the other two.
>
>Then I am truly perplexed - entering number of
>payments and interest and payment does not yield a
>result.
>
>I am now going to check my extensions - if indeed the
>newton formulas works with only 3 values please tell
>me since then I will have to do some cleaning and
>possibly a hard reset!
>
>Thanks!

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net