Re: [NTLK] 10-digit dialing settings

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 08:40:12 PDT

on 9/28/02 11:18 AM, Sean McGroty at smcgroty_at_mac.com wrote:
> Can I set the Newton to always use 10-digit dialing? Currently I add
> the area code as a dialing prefix, but this makes long distance calls
> harder to dial than it should be.

    This is where creative use of worksites can help. I you set up different
worksites with various dialling properties all you have to do to switch
among 7, 8, 10, 11 or 12 (the ones I've had to deal with) digit dialling is
change the worksite. The worksite change is a snap with Avi's since all you
have to do is tap on your name in the upper left of the screen.

Peter