Re: [NTLK] Future 2100 owner?

From: Scott Roy Atwood (atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 28 2002 - 13:05:21 PDT

* Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> [020928 19:53]:
> on 9/28/02 9:32 PM, Scott Roy Atwood at atwood_at_cs.stanford.edu wrote:
>
> > I tried running NewtonDILTester on my Titanium PowerBook G4 under
> > Classic on Mac OS X 10.2.1 and when I choose "Connect...", I get a
> > dialog box that says "IrDA Open Failed...". I double-checked that the
> > IrDA port was turned on first.
>
> Do you have a Keyspan or Belkin serial adapter plugged in, or someother
> serial adapter? I've heard that they disable IrDA. Have you tried opening
> the IR control panel after you get this error. I have, on occasion gotten an
> error, but it has always gone away. I don't remember if I rebooted, or
> simply opened the control panel--it's been a while.

I have the drivers for a Keyspan serial adapter installed, but I don't
have the device itself plugged in. In OS X, there is no Infrared
control panel. The only place that seem to have control over IR is the
Network control panel. I tried opening the OS 9 Infrared control panel
from within a Classic application, but I got the "That application or
control panel is not supported by Classic" error. I really don't want
to have to reboot into OS 9. :(

-Scott