Re: [NTLK] Downloading packages on Newts Cape

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 10:46:32 PDT

> From: "ZUMWALT, DANNY P (SWBT)" <dz1317_at_sbc.com>
> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 02:03:59 -0500
>

> I am trying to install the LaunchPLS 1.0 software to stream .pls shoutcast
> and icecast streams on the newton, but can't get the Newtscape software to
> download the .pkg file from the chuma.org website...
>
> I navigate to the site and then tap on the "download now" link to the .pkg
> file and get a application/x-newton-package error in Newtscape...

Newt's Cape will handle the standard application/x-newton-compatible-pkg
as well as a couple of other types, but it hasn't been setup to handle
application/x-newton-package (are you sure that's the one returned??)

> what do I need?

if in fact that's the MIME type...
1) ask chuma.org to fix their MIME table -- this is preferable;
or
2) you can patch Newt's Cape to handle other MIME types for .pkg
(there's a newtlet that can do this:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/saweyer/newton/newtscape/exs/helppkgi.htm
(I think the comment about handling any MIME type containing newton and
ending with pkg is obsolete))

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com