Re: [NTLK] madmax on newton 2000u

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 30 2002 - 11:52:20 PDT

Try my page instead.
http://newton.tek-ed.com/
My site is setup for HTTP1.0 browsers and the MIME
type is set correctly to allow direct installation of
the packages to your Newt.
What's happening is you are probably using Newt Hopper
3.2 and it is only HTTP1.0 compatible. This means that
there are certain web-things that will not work with
that browser. Virtual hosts (like the one at Unna) is
one of those things.
Ed (Happy October Fest!)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "ZUMWALT, DANNY P (SWBT)" <dz1317_at_sbc.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to download directly from the internet
> and install the MADMax mp3
> streaming software to my newton.. I went to the
> www.40hz.org site that has
> it hosted, but the page comes up 404 not found on my
> newton, even though I
> can browse to other sites without problem...
>
> and when I try to go to unna.org on the newton, it
> comes up to some other
> weird page... what's the deal??? it's like my dns
> server isn't interpreting
> the right pages or something...

=====
"Bush, himself the most intellectually backward American president of my political lifetime, is surrounded by advisers whose bellicosity is exceeded only by their political, military and diplomatic illiteracy,"
 - Gerald Kaufman, a lawmaker from the governing British Labor Party