Re: [NTLK] Install packages with Jaguar & Ethernet

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 18:16:36 PST

Thanks for the reply Laurent:

I decided to install NCU in another Mac (PowerMac G3 450) and set it to
connect using AppleTalk.

This time I was able to wirelessly install the same packages that I was
unable to install with Jaguar/Packager/Delivery/AppleTalk. The packages
were activated and are running with no problems.

This way I can now be sure that my Wireless network / Packages
installed / Newton are ok.

I am also sure that I must be doing or setting something wrong or
something is missing in my PB/Jaguar/Delivery/Packager setup.

As with this new setup I was able to install packages, I downloaded and
installed the DCL Dock TCP/IP package.

Now using Dock with TCP/IP I have two scenarios:

Using ZeroConf (ZC):
I can see my 12PB in the server list. When I try to connect I get a
message informing that Newton was unable to reach the server.

Manually Setting Address/Port:
I opened Network Settings in Jaguar and get the IP that my DHCP server
had set for my PB.
Now everything worked! The packages install with no problems!

What am I doing wrong 'cause I can't use AppleTalk or Dock TCP/IP with
ZeroConf?

TIA.

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html