Re: [NTLK] Soybo

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 08:03:12 PST

on 04/02/03 10:51 AM, L A GREEN at lagoff11_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> YES it would. if u left your presentation home and could soybo your way home
> then u could email it to your current location and still have it for your
> meeting. it may go slowly over a modem line but u would still have it,
> wouldnt you?
> LAG

That's right, in this case you'd only be limited by the bandwidth of your
home computer's internet connection. Presumably you'd be e-mailing it to
some computer at the place where you're giving the presentation.

In a sense, Soybo is a lever. You use a little bandwidth/compute power to
leverage the resources of a much more powerful computer elsewhere. (Or, for
you EEs out there, it's a diode...)

> Andrew Diller <dillera_at_sudanacid.com> wrote:MMM, just how would you access it?
> Maybe if it was a text file. But if you
> forgot your 36meg PowerPoint Presentation, having some sort of Soybo client
> on the newton is going to do you any good at all.
>
> And you would do this over a modem?

- Eric.

I'm searching for myself...  If I get back before I return, please
make sure I stay here.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html