Re: [NTLK] Apple iPad?

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 08:41:07 PST

AHH the true question. for me...it would have to work on a pc using windows (no wisecracks ;-), sync like the original nck with all notes, dates and such and be as good battery wise as the one i own now, i just use regular alkalines. it would have to be the newer improved version of what i have and hopefully be under $600. when i say better then what i have it would have to include all of the updates our members have made possible since the plug was pulled and be all inclusive. if it is just a shiny verson of what i have now then it wont work for me. in my mind functionality over prettiness. it doesnt matter what it looks like if it does what i want/need it to. and in the end i will still have my newton only an arms length away.

LAG

 David Mills <solidsilver_at_ntlworld.com> wrote:Folks,
There has been lots of speculation about a forthcoming Apple iPad on sites
including MacWhispers and SpyMac. Some artsy people are even submitting
rather snazzy iPad mock up renderings.

I wonder what the kind folk of newton talk reckon to the speculation and
possibility. Would you buy one if released? What hardware would it take to
sever the tie from the Newton?

Your thoughts are eagerly awaited!