Re: [NTLK] [OT] AppleVision 1710

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 10:56:02 PST

On 03/04/03 13:23, "Manuel Probsthain" <newtontalk_at_mischpappe.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got an AppleVision 1710 display for cheap from eBay. Everyone with
> a bit of mac experience knows these are crappy pieces of electronic with
> a wonderful housing. As you can think, mine is defect too....
>
> This is off topic, I know that, but has someone here on this list had
> these probs, or is there anyone who knows of a source were to get
> information about these displays?

From what I've heard from a knowledgeable service technician, they are prone
to fail. The people will replace the flyback and the monitor will work for 2
or 3 months and will fail again. I also got one cheap on eBay that did work
for a few months. But it started exhibiting display problems a couple of
week ago to finally completely die last week. I'll be replacing it with a
Studio Display 17 and the 1710AV, which, like you said, is a nice component,
will end up in the trash bin, unless someone has a better idea...

-Laurent.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html