Re: [NTLK] Soybo and a newbie

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 12:58:07 PST

Quoting Alan Toops <alantoops_at_cs.com>:

> Laurent,
>
> Thanks, one more try..now I get an error message "60814".

-60814 is kDNSErrNoResponseFromServer, which in natural language means that
the Newton couldn't connect to your DNS server. I suspect that your DHCP
server is not assigning the Newton to any DNS servers. Which sucks, because
when you're using DHCP on the Newton you can't manually tell it which DNS
servers to use - Internet Setup just doesn't let you do it.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html