[NTLK] Warning!! Wireless newbie questions (Mac)

From: John Acuff (jacuff1_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 09:04:38 PST

Well, I've finally decided that it's time to look into going wireless
on my network. So, I went down to the Staples store to see what was
available. All they had were products from Netgear, Belkin, and (ugh)
Microsoft. Of course not one of these brands mentioned Macs on the
package. I realize that's not too important as far as the "Access
Point" is concerned, since it's all 802.11b, but I want to be able to
connect my Powerbook 3400, as well as my B&W (USB adapter?), and
eventually the Newt. Ideally I would like to get a card that would work
with both the 3400 and the Newt, but the Powerbook is the main concern
right now. I rarely use the Newt online, so I figure I can always get
an Orinoco or Wavelan card for it later if necessary. Has anybody used
the Netgear, Belkin, or maybe Linksys cards with Macs or Newts? How
about Motorola or D-Link? I do have a Circuit City and Best Buy about
35 miles away.
TIA
John
"Got Newt!"