Re: [NTLK] NetHopper patch & guelph.unna.org

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 14:09:05 PST

Peter H. Coffin wrote:
> *grin* Comes from having such an amazing range of ancient/cruddy
> hardware around the place here. I knew that the NeXT slab in the other
> room couldn't speak HTTP1.1 with the software on it, and I happened to
> be reading the NTLK list from there one day when someone mentioned a
> pkg there that I couldn't access for HTTP reasons, and so I tried
> hunting around until I found a mirror that worked. Never bothered with
> any other machine than guelph since then, and it just worked with the
> Newton, so I never gave it another thought until Dan mentioned the
> NetHopper patch.

*ahem* well, guelph is on my personal cable line, so I'd appreciate y'all not
hammering it too much... it also hosts other fun stuff like the searchable
Newton glossary, the error codes database, and WikiWikiNewt.

Links for the interested:

http://guelph.unna.org/glossary/
http://guelph.unna.org/errors/
http://guelph.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Also, guelph might be going away in the near future, as I'm moving to Toronto
in a month...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html