Re: [NTLK] Newton Learning IR codes?

From: Jens Baumeister (jensbaumeister_at_web.de)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 16:00:00 PDT

On Montag, April 7, 2003, at 12:27 Uhr, Will Ross wrote:

> On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 02:40 PM, Jens Baumeister wrote:
>> However, if you find out the exact specs of the codes and if you can
>> also program in NSBasic, you could write a program that'll send the
>> correct codes. (I've seen a programming example for that somewhere.)
> Codes as in what?

As in the really low-level kind of codes: Which kind of signal is
broadcast for how many milliseconds, how long a pause there is before
the next kind of signal, etc. Probably hard to find out without eiter
the manufacturer's help or some device that record and decode the
remote's signals.

Jens Baumeister

At a party, the Real Programmers are the ones in the corner talking
about operating system security and how to get around it.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html