Re: [NTLK] NPDS and my router

From: Jesse Garnier (jesse_at_radiofreenewton.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 18:18:10 PDT

Hi Dave--

No, we're not, because the 10.x.x.x address you have is for your internal
network only. You'll be able to see it from your other machines, but we
can't.

What you need to do is go to the "Port mapping" section of your AirPort base
station and map incoming Web traffic to your AirPort to pass through to your
internal server (in this case, your Newton). Click on the "add" button, and
assign public port 80 to pass through to private address 10.0.1.4 and
private port 80. Then update your base station configuration.

Then, if you go to the "Internet" tab, you should be able to see the
(public) IP address of your base station. This address is what outside
viewers will need to enter into their browsers to view your Newton. Outside
accesses to that address (by default, on port 80) will pass through your
AirPort to your Newton, because you told it to do so.

I hope this helps.

--Jesse

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html