Re: [NTLK] New Address in Mac does not transfer to Newton with nSync

From: Luiz Petroni (lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 16:45:25 PDT

>> I created and tried to transfer a new contact from AddressBook to
>> Names
>> imediately and then half an hour after a sync but both attempts
>> failed.
>
> I'll have to do some testing with the newest OS and see if something
> has gotten broken, then.

Thanks John:

I'm still doing some additional tests and will post any info that I
feel maybe of value for you.

I would like to know if you check any key fields to track when changes
occur (maybe first / last name), 'cause I'm experimenting with
different fields configurations to see which leads me to best pratical
results.

>> I also tried to delete one Newton contact but it was not deleted from
>> AddressBook. Deleting from AddressBook also does not sync with Newton.
>
> I'm not synchronizing deleted records with the AddressBook plug-in now,
> and it's not a strongly prioritized feature either; it's not as
> important as syncing deleted/cancelled meetings. Seems like it has more
> of a potential to cause problems than to solve them.

I don't know if you have the time for it but it or if it already
exists, but it would be great if you could compile a list of which
Newton names fields are synchronized with AddressBooks fields and which
activities (deletion / inclusion / etc...) are supported at the current
version.

The iCal seems pretty stable for me at this point and of course the
inclusion of at least an one direction synchronization with Newton
notes will make nSync a must for any MacOS X & Newton user.

Thanks.

--lpetroni

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html