Re: [NTLK] I'd rather get rid of gross polutters pre-1973, bu

From: Newtvana (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 22:39:37 PDT

On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 10:21 PM, Woo Lee wrote:
> I'd rather get rid of gross polutters pre-1973, but 'Hollywood'
> lobbied for
> and won the exemption. :-(

Just FYI, I and my friends who are VW Karmann-Ghia enthusiasts (Not
Hollywood), were horrified when we heard about this bill. A flat-out
ban on pre-73 cars is a poor law. Consider the fact that these classic
cars are often better tuned than the average car, and (in my case)
actually passes DEQ standards of today.

Also, the real number of pre-73 cars is miniscule. You could save more
pollution simply by having properly inflated tires and not using
studded tires until they're really needed.

http://www.ordersomewherechaos.com/rosso/fetish/ghia/

To pull this back to the Newton, I keep track of things I want to
improve in Notes, as it's easier to remember stuff when you're there in
the car.

...Ross...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html