[NTLK] Targus case questions

From: Brian Braunschweiger (brianbraun_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 08:23:44 PDT

I make regular forays to the local thrift shops and found a Targus
case in which my 2100 fits quite nicely. The only defenct is it being
torn on the left side where cards are held. Cost under $5.00 if I
remember correctly.

I don't see a model number but the specific design is that it zippers
open and closed. On the right side when opened is an open area almost
completely covered in the "male" kind of velcro. the left side has a
number of small credit card sized pockets, a somewhat larger business
card type pocket with see through mesh and at the back one large
pocket running the length. There is a loop on the left to hold a pen.
In the center are two loops of stretch material. I am not sure the
intended use.

It has turned out to be just right for my Newton. I am not sure if
that was the original design.

Now the main question: what is the best way to use it with my 2100?

FWIW my 2100 is not yet a constant companion nor does it get regular
use, although when I need it I need it. I currently fold back the
cover and use it that way. I cannot imagine keeping it in this Targus
case and writing on it due to the added bulk, getting the stylus in
and out, etc. I seldom use the connector or power cord, so that is
not much of an issue.

If I did keep the 2100 in it all the time should I remove the cover?
Wouldn't the screen get scratched? The easiest way of restraing the
2100 would be to attach adhesive velcro to the back. What if I used
velcro strips across the top and bottom?

Right now the other side is only being used to hold a memory card and
a blank insert. It probably wouldn't hurt to carry the dongle.

Any thoughts/comments/feedback is appreciated.

Brian

--
Brian Braunschweiger
Major Strasser: You give him credit for too much cleverness. My