Re: [NTLK] I'd rather get rid of gross p.

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 04:44:00 PDT

------------------
>Just FYI, I and my friends who are VW Karmann-Ghia enthusiasts (Not
>Hollywood), were horrified when we heard about this bill.

Hey I like K-Ghia's too. I would like a 'Duesy' more.
------------------
>A flat-out ban on pre-73 cars is a poor law.

Which 'bill' is this?
I was refering to the smog-check ban for pre-1973 vehicles, a blanket
exemption that allows a ' gross polutter same exemption as a 'tuned
classics '.
------------------
>Consider the fact that these classic cars are often better tuned than the
average car, and (in my case)
>actually passes DEQ standards of today.

True, however certain vehicles should be 'shown' but not driven.
------------------
>Also, the real number of pre-73 cars is miniscule.

But large enough to have an impact and not 'all' vehicles are registered,
so the actual number is way higher.
------------------
>You could save more pollution simply by having properly inflated tires and
not using studded tires until they're really needed.

>http://www.ordersomewherechaos.com/rosso/fetish/ghia/

Yup.
------------------
>To pull this back to the Newton, I keep track of things I want to
>improve in Notes, as it's easier to remember stuff when you're there in
>the car.
>
>....Ross...

Same here, I also keep maintenance records in Notion, easy to keepup with
since you can have Notion set alarms to remind you as you configure your
life/work-style. :-)

!ooW %-)
Pres. of LA Newton Users Group!...over $teve's Live Body.
www.lanug.org

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html