Re: [NTLK] Nitro vs Backtalk

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Apr 10 2003 - 12:32:22 PDT

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 09:19 PM, Jeremy Bond Shepherd wrote:

> Backtalk is cool, but Nitro does (or soon will do) IRComm which
> Backtalk does not.

True. IrCOMM was my main target. Looking at the bug reports, it seems to
work quite well (with some exceptions). But I'll try to get everything
working.

> Eckhart is still developing Nitro; Smartdog has not
> updated Backtalk for years.

This is probably the biggest difference: Nitro and IC/VC are open
source. If I decide to stop working on them (because I'm busy
implementing something like a Bluetooth driver ;), they're open for
anybody to improve. Especially IC/VC would benefit from people adding
more features such as compatibility with devices that are not standards
conform (everybody claims they're doing iCalendar or vCard when in
reality, it's just some old subset).

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html