Re: [NTLK] lookout/ outlink revisited

From: Calvin (cgrier_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 07:16:27 PDT

Here's some additional notes on Lookout:

I bought Outlink and didn't like it. I tried to buy Lookout and ended up
using the "hacked" version. It seems to be more reliable for my large
contact database.

Notes about using Lookout:
1) only use in portrait mode!
2) Have plenty of free Memory available in the Newton default store. I run
well with +700K available - results vary.
3) If you have an auto-backup utility on your PC, schedule a complete backup
of your Lookout directory every night. It WILL get corrupted at some point,
and a full backup is the fast and easy way to recover.
4) Don't expect an item to be deleted on the PC if it is deleted on the
Newton or vice-versa. I keep a log on the Newton of contacts that I should
manually delete on the PC before the next sync. Meetings get changed to add
"cancelled" in the subject line.

Lookout isn't fast, but neither is Outlink. Good luck.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html