Re: [NTLK] Which Newton connection program to use?

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_jameswhale.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 02:46:54 PDT

> Cool! This is the first I've heard of this program. Have people used it
> extensively including backing up AND restoring? Is there any part of
> it that
> doesn't work (I noted it is beta software). What happened to the
> developer?

I've been using it for backup and restore for years, and I've never had
a failure. My Names soup has 523 entries and my Notes soup has 1401.

I was beta testing for the developer. Finally, the new releases stopped
coming, and when I finally tried to contact him again his mail bounced.
So, I don't know where he is, but I'd sure like to thank him for the
nifty backup/restore solution. The only thing that is as reliable for
me is SBM Utilities (for backup to a card).

-Jeremy

-
Jeremy Bond SHEPHERD | I never take any notice of what
common people
San Francisco, CA | say, and I never interfere with
what charming
Internet: jbond_at_jameswhale.com | people do. If a personality
fascinates me,
Phone: 415-929-0297 | whatever mode of expression that
personality
ICQ: 72267083 | selects is absolutely delightful to
me.
                                 | -Oscar Wilde, THE PICTURE OF DORIAN
GRAY

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html