Re: [NTLK] New Apple Handheld? (Rumor)

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 12 2003 - 20:52:22 PDT

Well, if he DOES know anything, then he just violated about 15 NDAs that he
would have had to sign to even look at the plastic that the case for the
device is made of. If a device was seeded to him, then he would have been
required to sign more NDAs and Apple would send goons to make sure that he
kept them. Of course, all of this is ignoring the fact that Apple doesn't
seed hardware. To my knowledge, they never have. In fact, they stopped
seeding Safari because people leaked it three times in a row. They would
never do that with hardware.

Apple security is GOOD. Not much gets out unless either they want it to get
out or they spread it themselves.

Of course that makes me wonder if they leaked information about a handheld
to generate interest in such a device so that when the release it, it would
sell out almost as fast as the PS2. Of course, I really doubt that this is
the case, but I can hope, can't I?

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html