Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail Hangs

From: Grant Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sun Apr 13 2003 - 11:56:19 PDT

In a previous message, George Bingham typed vigorously:

>Now, whenever I check for Mail; Simple mail hangs at the point where the
>dialog says "Checking for Mail". It did this to Me last week and I had to
>switch pop servers for use with my Newton because I thought it was my I
>SP's fault. Now it's happening at my "newted" account, so I'm thinking
>there's something up with Simplemail.

I've had SimpleMail hang on me trying to download messages that have
certain non-Roman character encoding, specifically Korean-encoded spam.
Usually, I've had to access the same account using a separate email
account and delete the offending message before being able to get mail
using my Newton again from the account. Other times, I can simply
reconnect to the same account, SimpleMail thinks that it has already
accessed the bad message, skips over it, and downloads the next message.

Are you able to get *any* message using SimpleMail?

g.

Grant Hutchinson
Interface Considerations & Toys

Weblog > http://www.splorp.com/