[NTLK] Ethernet

From: Eelco Grimm (fairytapes_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 05:04:50 PDT

Dear listers,

Last week I replaced the batteries of my eMate with a new 'DIY' one
(thanks PDA-Soft!). Now it's time to get my ethernet link up and
running. I found a 3COM 3C589D-TP and this should work. Installed all
the needed packages but it still does not function.

What I want is:
- connect to my Mac through a router for data exchange.
- connect to internet through the same router to check my email.

Could anyone help me with the following questions?

- My eMate cannot find a Mac computer. I see activity on my router
however. Is it needed to run NCU for the eMate to find the Mac? If
so: I seem to be missing an extension that NCU needs to be able
exchanging data using ethernet. Which one is that? Could anyone mail
it to me?
- I cannot find 'Ethertalk' in my Mac. Is it sufficient to choose
'Ethernet' in the Appletalk Control Panel?
- Is the eMate able to connect to my ISP through the router? What
should I do to get this working?

Thanks a lot!

Eelco Grimm
The Netherlands