Re: [NTLK] Nice mention of Newton in PDAGeek Newsletter

From: Newtvana (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 15:48:31 PDT

Never one to let my brain get in the way of my mouth...

It seems to me that the so-called 'wide variety' of PDAs that are
available are in a _very_ narrow view of the range of PDA that ought to
be available for consumers and professionals. I spend plenty of time
taking notes and organizing list of todos and such, but I much prefer
the larger screen for what I really like doing: reading books. I've
tried to read e-books on a Palm, and even with greyscale and color,
it's just too small. paging gets in the way of reading.

Others might want those rare 'watch PDA's, or hardened PDAs in any
number of form factors, sizes and physical shapes and properties. But
the vast majority of PDAs are within 10% of the size of the original
PalmPilot. That's too narrow for my needs.

I guess the point that I would get across is that the Newton's physical
size, regardless of the manufacturer is what keeps me with the
platform. The advanced OS that still hasn't been surpassed in terms of
power is just gravy. :)

...Ross...

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html