[NTLK] Friendly UK ISP

From: Kevin Cotter (cotterkevin_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 16:58:25 PDT

Hi
Easter holidays .. thought I'd try again with my MP2000 to get online.
Thanks to Tom Z. I've connected with one of his ethernet cards via the
school network so I know its possible! Thanks to Victor and the error codes
database I've worked out the -16022 error and the Xircom modem card dials
the number, connects and then .... "NIE could not establish connection with
ISP". I'm in the UK using Freeserve and the same numbers I use with my Mac.
If I phone them up they will spend a lot of my 50p/minutes telling me
nothing. I am assuming that having got this far its down to the relationship
between ISP and Newt not Newt and modem.
So .. please .. does anyone know a friendly UK ISP (low cost!) who can help
me get on line?
Thanks
Kevin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html