[NTLK] GSM modem possibility?

From: Andy Collins (acollins_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2003 - 03:05:59 PDT

Hi Folks,

Has anyone tried graftig the Ubinetics GA100 Palm Vx Phone on to the Newt?=
=20
I noticed Expansys have them in the UK for =A323.44 including VAT.=20
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=3DUBIN-GA100
  Looking at the spec sheets it's a dual band GSM phone so should work=20
through europe and I've found the connector pin-out on the Palm site (=20
http://www.palmos.com/dev/tech/hardware/palmhardware/electrical_interface(10=
-pin)connections.pdf=20
) that show connecting a Palm to a PC's rs-232 port so we should be in=
 there.

I haven't been able to find specific protocol details for the GA100 but a=20
look through the Ubinetics site shows their OEM modules and all of the GSM=
=20
units support Hates command set so it seems likely to me that it's one of=20
those in the GA100.

Looks good on the surface. Anyone up for it?

Cheers.

Andy.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html