[NTLK] Newton as research tool?

From: Jeff Abbott (jabbott_at_ninewire.net)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 06:24:12 PDT

I'm starting the research process for my next novel and thought I
would see if my 2100MP could be a mainstay in keeping my information
together. Most of my research involves taking and organizing lots of
notes, nothing dramatic. Are there tools or packages beyond Notes
that are useful for organizing large amounts of data? (Most of the
data will be on viruses and vaccines--one of the major characters in
the book is an influenza researcher.)

And if anyone else on the list is using their Newton as a research
tool/notebook, I would be very interested in hearing about your
experiences with it. I'm a little nervous about giving up good old
pen and paper in tackling this, but at the same time, don't want to
re-enter tons of notes into my computer and I don't want to drag my
laptop to every library I go to.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Abbott

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html