Re: [NTLK] root on OSX

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 05:22:07 PDT

on 17/04/03 03:29, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> On donderdag, apr 17, 2003, at 05:18 Europe/Amsterdam, Norman Palardy
> wrote:
>> Thank god for CVS , backups and target disk mode
>
> Couldn't agree more, just backup up OS X for the first time, have to
> love Carbon Copy Cloner but will check out Laurent's utility later on
> as well.

Although my tool cannot backup an whole Mac OS X system disk partition. Just
synchronize stuff. There were too many issues with invisible files and
permissions around copying a system disk that I didn't want to get into.
You'll see that CarbonCopyCloner is quite good to backup a Mac OS X system
disk (not perfect, though), but it doesn't have any flexibility for
synchronization (once the copy is done and you just want to keep the copy
updated).

-Laurent.

featurectomy /fee`ch*r-ek't*-mee/ n.: The act of removing a feature from a
program. Featurectomies come in two flavors, the `righteous' and the
`reluctant'. Righteous featurectomies are performed because the remover
believes the program would be more elegant without the feature, or there is
already an equivalent and better way to achieve the same end. (Doing so is
not quite the same thing as removing a misfeature.) Reluctant featurectomies
are performed to satisfy some external constraint such as code size or
execution speed.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html