Re: [NTLK] [OT] TiBook wireless range (compared to Newton)

From: Chip Matteson (chip_at_moonlightphoto.net)
Date: Fri Apr 18 2003 - 09:51:23 PDT

On 4/18/03 10:22 AM, "Michael Blazer" <m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca> wrote:

> I just put an AirPort card in my Titanium PowerBook, and the range is so
> poor it's almost useless.

A while back, on another list, I saw a fix for this kind of problem. The Ti
powerbook sometimes ships with the antenna connection to the card ajar but
not disconnected, affecting signal strength. I do not remember the exact
procedure and cannot find it in Apple Tech support where the other list
quoted as the source of the information as the Apple Tech support site.

From what I recall, the fix seemed to be as simple as removing the battery
and pushing against the metal housing behind which the antenna connects to
the card. That should properly secure to the card and as the other list said
it showed "significant" improvement in signal strength.

Good Luck.
Chip

--
Chip Matteson