Re: [NTLK] Newton as a research tool

From: Kevin Cotter (cotterkevin_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 10:59:11 PDT

Hi Jim

>"folder namespace bug/feature". NewtWiki considers folders (in Notes) to be
>separate namespaces. That is, notes in one folder will only link to
>other notes in that folder.

Thanks for the info about NewtWiki ... but ....

>Of course, there are still a decent sized flock of bugs in the
>linking code and you might be running into one of those...

.. I'm afraid what I'm seeing looks like one of the flock as the "sometimes
linking and sometimes making a new note from the same word" is happening
within the same folder.
This is making the use of NewtWiki creative rather than 100% reliable! But I
do very much like that way that ideas can sprout and then back track to see
all the connections. Have you seen a mac program "Inspiration"? It makes
mind maps/concept maps that allow ideas to link and expand. Gives you an
over view of the whole web. Too much I guess to get that on the newt!

Cheers

Kevin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html