Re: [NTLK] NewtSync problems

From: bettyy_at_earthlink.net
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 00:21:49 PDT

Hi Chris,

I'm not a networking guru but I'll try to answer your questions.

1. Have you two separate networks? I'm only offered one number and it
matches the IP address of my mac.

2. The Newtsync IP number is the IP number of your Mac. If your IP number
is being assigned dynamically, your router should assign the numbers
sequentially. Therefore, if you have two computers (A, and B) and start
them in order, A will get 10.0.1.2, B will get 10.0.1.3. However, if you
shut both off then start B before A, B will get the address 10.0.1.2 and A
will get 10.0.1.3. At least that's what I think happens. I haven't tested
what happens if I turn on computers A then B then turn off A.

3. No the network prefs don't have to agree. My powerbook and desktop
computers are all assigned their addresses dynamically and my mac is
assigned it's address manually. I believe the default is dhcp.

Hope this was helpful.

Betty

<SNIP>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html