Re: [NTLK] NewtSync problems

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 03:25:37 PDT

On woensdag, apr 23, 2003, at 09:40 Europe/Amsterdam, Chris Searles
wrote:
> My network consists of an Ethernet hub, to which are attached: my Cube,
> my PowerBook, a LaserWriter printer, a DSL modem, and (until now) my
> Newt via NCU, which still works in Classic.

I never used a hub, only cross cable sand a router and what Betty said
is 100% right about a router, maybe somebody with a hub cares to
comment. (does a hub also assign internal IP numbers to the different
port? I assume it does)
On a sidenote, I don't get the fact that you get two IP numbers,
though, should normally just be one...

Maybe somebody on this that can connect can also tell us if it matters
how you set your internet setup, I just tried it, get an IP number from
my computer entered it in NewtSynch on my Newt and was asked next which
Internet setup (in a connection slip)
I chose the setup with which I normally connect to the web (so using
the DHCP server) and it loads the DHCP server (taking a long time) and
than says 'Connected' while the desktop side keeps trying to connect...

I did open port 15552 on my router, but something still seems wrong...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html