Re: [NTLK] which web browser? (Xircom)

From: Kevin Cotter (cotterkevin_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 23 2003 - 13:31:06 PDT

Hi
This isn't going to be much help ... but I put the Xircom card in the newton
connected using NIE 2.0 and it connected! I had to make sure that the exact
PC card slot was selected. The main problem was to get the ISP to accept the
dial up as I was missing the DNS address.
I have, in addition to NIE 2, NIE Modem and Serial extension 2.0 and Newton
Devices 1.0. I was very surprised it worked as I'd salvaged the card from a
dead PC lap top.
What was the exact card? Maybe different Xircoms have different success
rates?
Good Luck
Kevin

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html