Re: [NTLK] eMate memory upgrades (was: My Impossible Requests)

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 14:36:10 PDT

Thank you Joel. Those measurements are very helpful.

If the boards really are more than two layer, then there is a bit of a
problem since I don't know of any fabs that will make multi layer boards for
less than a few hundred dollars and it's not like you can etch multi layer
boards.

If it was just two layer, then I could get ExpressPCB to make them for $62
for nine boards. However, I think that Daniel is right. The vias that go
nowhere are the most obvious sign of that.

So nobody has information on the DRAM chips? That makes it rather hard to
make more of these boards, since without the chips, we can't use the current
design and without at least the pinout of the current chips, we can't design
a new board that uses more readily available chips. Surely there must be a
datasheet somewhere.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html