Re: [NTLK] eMate screen cable issues

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 21:07:57 PDT

The eMate screen clutch problem is inevitable. It happens to every eMate
unless you prevent it. However, it's really simple to fix. The only real
problem is taking the eMate apart. It takes a while, but it's pretty
straightforward. Be careful with the screen, though.

When I fixed my little brother's eMate, my step-father actually machined the
hinge covers out of a license plate. They fit perfectly and there is no
give in the hinge. I recommend that method if you have some old license
plates or similar metal around. A dremel is incredibly helpful, too.

If you live near DFW (Texas), then I can help you and if you don't, I'm sure
that there are other list members who would be willing to do the same.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html