Re: [NTLK] Lithium-Ion Rechargeables in MP120?

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 09:38:46 PDT

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 11:52:07AM -0400, Benjamin Rutledge wrote:
> Anyone know a reason why I should not put rechargeable Li-Ion or NiMH
> batteries in my Newton MP120? The rechargeable battery packs that I have
> are old and will no longer hold a charge and NiCd batteries are way too
> expensive for decades old technology. Thoughts?

Charging NiMH cells with Nicad charging circuitry is inadvisable. Risks
include damaging the cells, the charging circuits, or the newton housing
if something melts.

Some people do it. I'd rather just get some nicads and skip the risk.

--
16. I will never utter the sentence "But before I kill you, there's just one
    thing I want to know."