[NTLK] 64 mb linear flash card, “Smart Modular Technologies”

From: Jeff Andrusin (jeffandrusin_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 14:05:56 PDT

Hello

I just purchased a 64 mb linear flash card,
“Smart Modular Technologies”
PM24280 PW021016-05
FL64M-20-21736-J5-121

According to the faq this may or may not work.

I insert it into me 2000/2100 running OS 2.1
,0031 and I get, “there is a problem with this
card. (newton cannot recognize this type of
card.)”

I have talked to laurent at macworldny(creative
pro) and now I am searching the archives for the
discussion about this brand of linear flash
cards, problems and reformating issues. For the
life of me I can’t find the thread using any
number of key terms. Could someone direct me to
the correct thread and/or give me some insight on
if I can get this card to be recognized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jeff Andrusin