Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Courier 0.1 (Web browser)

From: RossO (newton_at_ordersomewherechaos.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 14:39:24 PDT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 11:06 AM, Eckhart K=F6ppen wrote:
>> OTOH, I thought it didn't support tables yet, but somehow Scotty got=20=

>> slashdot to show up? Or was he using the mobile version of their=20
>> page?
>
> No, Courier just strips everthing which doesn't make sense on a mobile=20=

> device (including scripts, style sheets and tables).

One of the concepts behind HTML is that if a browser doesn't recognize=20=

a tag or attribute, it can skip it. I hope that Eckhart leaves out=20
Table support because it's unnecessary on a long screen, if the web=20
developer coded the page somewhat correctly.

IMHO, Eckhart should have Courier ignore: FONT, TABLE, TR and TD as=20
well as CSS and other 'styling' things.

Of course part of that is so that it doesn't blow my MP2000's heap... :)

...Ross...=

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html