Re: [NTLK] newton 2100 power fried?

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Fri Aug 08 2003 - 00:10:54 PDT

The marking is
KNF
7.8
and the brand on the bottom which looks pretty much like TI (Texas
Instruments).

7.8 means for sure that this is a 7.8V Zener.

But be aware that exchanging that part will not solve your problem.
Only in case you get your Newt back to work with batteries it is worth to
exchange this part.
In case the diode is now a short I would recommend to remove it.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html