Re: [NTLK] Can't Find My Newton 2100 ...! :o(

From: Len Cole (lj_cole_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 2003 - 08:46:19 PDT

--- Glen Warner <gdwarner_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

[deleted]

> (Okay, so I'm not entirely Newton-less; I have an eMate
> (dead
> battery), a 130 (dead battery), and a 120 (no battery)!
> :o( Worse,
> they all died in the same month ....).

I can't help you with the eMate or with Apple's serial
number registr, (contact Apple to see if you can get the
serial number from them like you can a forgotten password),
but I can tell you that the 130 will take 4 AA alkaline,
NiMH or NiCd batteries very nicely. Just don't try to
recharge the NiMH's inside the MessagePad if you have the
charging station or AC adapter.

If it's the backup battery, then you pretty much have only
the one choice of using a suitable replacement for what's
already in it.

Len Cole
MP130 & love every bit of it!