Re: [NTLK] Can't Find My Newton 2100 ...! :o(

From: Glen Warner (gdwarner_at_mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 00:12:54 PDT

Len Cole <lj_cole_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I can't help you with the eMate or with Apple's serial
> number registr, (contact Apple to see if you can get the
> serial number from them like you can a forgotten password),

Good plan ....

> but I can tell you that the 130 will take 4 AA alkaline,
> NiMH or NiCd batteries very nicely. Just don't try to
> recharge the NiMH's inside the MessagePad if you have the
> charging station or AC adapter.

Well, turns out I had four regular old double-As laying around, and
sure enough, it worked! Don't know why I didn't try this before;
perhaps because Frank Gruendel (http://www.pda-soft.net) made such a
big deal about the thin wavy aluminum metal plates (or TWAMPs) that
hold the pack together.

> If it's the backup battery, then you pretty much have only
> the one choice of using a suitable replacement for what's
> already in it.

Actually, the backup battery announed it was toast a week after I got
the unit. A quick trip to my local Walgreens fixed that ....

> Len Cole
> MP130 & love every bit of it!

--Glen "Not As Newton-less In Seattle" Warner

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html