Re: [NTLK] GPS (WAS) newtontalk Digest V3 #422

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 10:22:58 PDT

The rebate is only $30. The $50 rebate is if you also
get one of the map packs.
A quick search on http://froogle.google.com would
probably get it for you cheaper.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Donald Wilson <marchie_at_mac.com> wrote:

> On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 08:52 PM, Matthew
> Boulanger wrote:
>
> > A 199$ Magellan handheld unit will give most
> people the accuracy they
> > need for boating, hiking, driving, etc. Couple
> that with a 20$ serial
> > cable (or build your own at home!) and it connects
> right to the
> > Newton. For my money, it's a much better
> investment.
> >

> So the Magellan units are Newton Compatible?
>
> The RadioShack online store has a $50 rebate on the
> $199 Magellan
> SporTrak Map GPS Cat # 20-1610
>
> It says accurate within +/- 3 meters, which is all I
> need.
>
> Personally, I want the GPS unit to give my Newton
> the co-ords of where
> I am, then then when the newton has an internet
> connection (much of the
> time) it'll send updates to my webpage, where you
> can see a Harry
> Potter-esque like map that shows where I am.
>
> Novelty, yes... but cool.
>
> ~Donald

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100